DataScience Workbook / 07. Data Acquisition and Wrangling / 1. Remote Data Access / 1.2 Remote Data Download / 1.2.2 Downloading Online Data using API
An API user typically needs:
- a basic understanding of programming concepts,
- knowledge of the API endpoint and request parameters,
- an API key or access token,
- an understanding of data formats,
- and knowledge of rate limits and usage policies.
Some APIs are relatively straightforward and provide simple HTTP endpoints that can be accessed using a web browser or basic command-line tools. In these cases, a user may not need much programming experience beyond basic web skills such as making HTTP requests and parsing data formats like JSON or XML.
- 1.2.3 Downloading Online GitHub Repos using GIT
- 2. Data Manipulation
- 3. Data Wrangling: ready-made apps